Hello and Welcome! My name is Liz, if you didn’t already know, and I’ll be your host throughout your visit here. Before we dive into the meat and potatoes of what you can expect from this blog, I’d first like to introduce myself more formally. So, here’s a little rundown about who I am, why I started this blog, and a few other bits of useful information to note before we embark on this journey together.
- Who is Liz Lovery?
- Why did I start this blog?
- What sort of content can you expect from me?
- Who will benefit most from my content?
- What do I hope to accomplish here?
- How can you get involved and stay up-to-date?
Who is Liz Lovery?
It’s currently Sunday, September 1st over Labor Day weekend 2019. My 30th birthday is in exactly 19 days, so I guess you could say that I’m in my early 30s–holy shit, time flies. I live in San Diego with my boyfriend, Ryan, and my golden retriever sidekick, Teddy. For the record, he’s way more popular than I am and if you’re a dog obsessed freak, like myself, you might want to give him a follow (@mygoldenteddy).
(Since the original publishing of this blog I have officially turned 30 and Ryan and I are ENGAGED! Teddy is still cute [and popular] so make definitely hit that follow button!)
I’d like to think that I have a pretty interesting history that lead me to where I am today. It all started in 2011 when I decided I wanted to compete in a fitness competition. After a few years of competing, earning professional sponsorships, and working in the fitness industry, I became a Certified Personal Trainer in 2012 and went on to own my own Personal Training business in the Bay Area. During my training career I earned numerous specialty certifications including Fitness Nutrition Specialist and Certified Coach Practitioner all while completing my Bachelors Degree in Liberal Studies at Arizona State University.
On New Years weekend of 2017/2018, however, Ryan and I dropped everything, moved out of the Bay Area, and started a new life in San Diego. New city, new house, new jobs, the whole she-bang. Since moving to San Diego, I’ve closed my Personal Training business and started working for a marketing company as a Content Marketer. If you’re unsure about what Content Marketing is, well, basically I write informative articles for health and wellness brands that can help people better understand certain aspects of whatever it is I’m talking about. For example, I write A LOT about collagen. In fact, I know SO much about collagen, I’m an expert on the subject. So, if you’ve ever typed something into Google about collagen, my goal is to ensure the article I write shows up. This is just one example of things I write about on a daily basis, but in general, if it involves health, wellness, or beauty, you better believe I write about it. If you’re interested in reading some of the articles I write at my full-time job, you can do so by clicking here.
So, to sum up who I am, here is a list of my accolades that qualifies me to write about certain subjects that will likely end up on this blog:
- B.A. Liberal Studies, Arizona State University with an emphasis in English and Health & Nutrition Science
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- NASM Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist
- Certified Coach Practitioner, Certified Coaches Alliance & Coach Training Academy
Why did I start this blog?
The reason I started this blog was because after almost two years of writing about health and wellness (a topic I’m extremely passionate about), I realized that I’d love to write and share more about other things that bring me joy and happiness! I guess you can call it a passion project—but my hope is that the things I share here will not only bring you joy and happiness, but also help you invite new, exciting, and thought provoking ideas, perspectives, and passions into your life.
What does Lovery mean?
You might also be wondering what the term “Lovery” means. After all, Lovery isn’t my last name. In fact, Lovery is something I sort of made up back in high school, so let me explain what it means…
The suffix -ery, by definition, denotes an occupation, business, calling or condition, place or establishment, goods or products, etc…
Here’s a more relatable example—an archer practices archery, a baker has a bakery, and ice cream maker has a creamery. These are examples of people occupying their craft and creating an identity around them. They embody their calling…
The term Lovery, to me, isn’t necessarily a craft, occupation, or establishment, but instead it’s a mindset. The idea behind “Lovery” is that if you surround yourself with things you love and do things that bring you joy and happiness, you are more likely to live each day in alignment with your authentic self. Living a “life in lovery” is the act of loving and accepting who you truly are without shame or fear of consequence.
What will I be blogging about?
There are certain passions in my life that I can’t help but share with the world. One of them obviously being health & wellness because how can I not write and share my knowledge and expertise about an industry I’ve been in for 10 years…But that isn’t all you can expect from me…
Here is a short list of things I plan on sharing with you:
- Delicious recipes—I absolutely love cooking. I cook full dinners about five nights per week. I’m not talking boring meal prep dinners with zero flavor… no, no. You can expect a variety of flavorful meals, delicious desserts, healthy snacks, and even some simple cocktails to wow your guests at your next dinner party!
- Home decor—Growing up, I always thought I would end up being an interior designer. Although that wasn’t my intended path, I’m still passionate about stylish living nonetheless. With that said, you can expect to see highlights of my home decorating projects, furniture and home decor finds, and style tips to create a trendy and stylish, yet inviting home environment.
- Entertaining—I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love hosting people. I guess you can say that I’m Monica from Friends—always the hostess. I’ll be sharing my best tips for entertaining guests, hosting gatherings, and creating a memorable experience for your friends and family.
- Travel—Like many people, being a seasoned traveler is high on my bucket list. I like to think I’ve been to a handful of countries… At the time this was written, I’ve traveled to eight countries and will be visiting my ninth around Thanksgiving. I wouldn’t consider myself a jetsetter by any means, but I have learned a lot throughout my experiences. You can expect to find detailed travel itineraries that include places to see, where to eat, where to stay, when to visit, and any other important information I think will be helpful for a fun and memorable travel experience.
- DIY—Where are all my do-it-yourself-ers at?! I love being crafty. And I feel like I have so many fun projects to share with you all! If you aren’t afraid of getting your hands dirty, you’ll love the DIY projects I plan on sharing.
- Fashion & Beauty—One of the best parts about being a girl is, let’s be honest, the pampering ourselves and shopping. However, I’m not one to spend half of my paycheck on a tiny little handbag. I’m definitely a bargain hunter! I believe that being trendy and stylish shouldn’t have to come with a price. I’ll be sharing my favorite fashion finds and style dupes as well as my favorite beauty products and hairstyles.
- Health & Wellness—In addition to helpful information about topics in the health and wellness industry, you can expect to read about interesting and thought-provoking articles related to personal development to expand your mindset and improve your self-awareness.
- Lovery Journal—The Lovery Journal will be a place where I share good advice and personal thoughts on life, family, relationships, and everything in between. If you’re looking for real and honest thoughts on everyday issues, this is it.
Who will benefit most from my content?
If you’re wondering whether this content will be “for you” and if it’s worth your time to check out, let me help you—here is a brief idea of who I think will benefit from frequenting my content based on my own personal lifestyle and interests…
You’ll love my content if:
- You aspire to create a beautiful and stylish home life that can easily transition throughout any season
- You want to become a better cook, create delicious and beautiful meals, or add to your recipe book
- You love to read interesting articles about physical and mental health, mindset, nutrition, and personal development
- You’d love to host more parties or gatherings that bring your loved ones closer together
- You’d love to expand your wardrobe and elevate your personal style without breaking the bank
- You like to research new beauty and skincare products before you buy
- You’re crafty and love to create
- You’re interested in traveling more but would prefer not to spend a lot of time planning and researching your next trip.
- You’re curious about my personal thoughts and opinions on thought provoking topics
What do I hope to accomplish by sharing with you?
I love to create, so to me, this is a place where I can share the things that bring me joy and happiness in hopes that it will inspire you to do the same.
How can you get involved and stay up-to-date?
If you like to stay involved in the content creation process or follow along my daily life the best way to do that is to follow my Instagram page (@LizLovery) and watch my stories. This is where I’m most engaged and where you’ll get the quickest response if you have a question, suggestion, content request, or if you simply want to hang out! You can also help me make style decisions and put in your two cents as I share my thoughts and ideas on new projects, home decor finds, and even new recipe options.
If you prefer to be a little more hands-off but still want to stay up-to-date on new posts, you can subscribe to my newsletter to receive new content directly into your email inbox. Sign up by submitting your email in the sidebar.
So, What’s Next?
Now is where the fun begins! I hope you stick around and follow along this journey together! Thank you in advance for your support!